Click the links to view additional resources.
- The life of your MASS™ Medical Storage scope cabinets will be prolonged with proper use and care. Following these guidelines will help protect your patients from infection and help improve your overall infection control.
- A discussion about the different types of ventilation choices available for storing endoscopes. This article contains important information about maintaining compliance with governing societies and manufacturers’ IFUs.
- A summary of standards set by The Joint Commission for managing endoscope reprocessing environments. The Joint Commission focuses on three key areas: physical space, ventilation, and documentation/training, all summarized here.
- Proper infection control procedures are a key part of keeping your MASS™ Medical Storage carts and cabinets in top condition. Because of the sensitive nature of the medical items that are stored in our products, MASS™ Medical Storage carts and cabinets should be cleaned and disinfected on a regular schedule.
- MASS™ Medical Storage presents this information for use in understanding endoscope storage guidelines from multiple societies. The information presented here was compiled from current practice and published data at the time of this publication (June 2016).
This document is not intended to replace any guidelines or recommendations by any organization or association, but merely to provide a condensed look at current recommendations for endoscope storage.